Sunday, November 23, 2003

Another rant on gender equality here in Amerika

RANT

I've seen this info in a number of sources, so I'll just leave the AP tag on it, giving credit where credit is due.

"(AP) Women's income is lower on average than that of men in part because they generally work less, leave the labor force for longer periods and tend to hold jobs that pay less, a congressional study found.

But even after adjustments are made for those factors, women still earned an average of 20.3 percent less than men in 2000, investigators said Thursday.

The General Accounting Office conducted the earnings study for Democratic Reps. Carolyn Maloney of New York and John Dingell of Michigan.

The 20 percent gap has been relatively unchanged in the past two decades. In 1983, the difference was 19.6 percent."

That pisses me the fuck off. Here I am, busting my ass for my entire life, only to have dicks look down on me because I present to the world as femme. Whatta fucking rip. It's stuff like this that makes me want to jerk out the eyes of every man that I see, because I know that he feels that wimmin have enough, and shouldn't want anything else, especially equal pay for equal work. Fucking bullshit.

What I don't get is why are wimmin satisfied? I suppose that we Amerikans could be living someplace where we couldn't even vote or serve in the military, but with all of the steps forward, why do we contine to pay women less? Because we are all told, from childhood, that being a womyn is something less, something unrespectable, something wrong and stupid.

I FUCKING *HATE* THIS SITUATION AND ALL THOSE THAT PROPAGATE THE IDEOLOGY!!!

Examine! Think! Do you really want to earn less, or for any males reading this, do you want your wife or sister or Mum to be paid less or looked down upon because of the perceived stereotypes driving society when they see her in the workplace or elsewhere?

Bad society is like bad html. Sometimes it will function in the right browser, but more often than not, if the code isn't correct, you'll never see the correct information.

/RANT

No comments: