Wednesday, April 23, 2008

credit cards

*SCREAM*

ShittyBank's Web Site

Just got off of the phone with a credit card company's representatives. My partner is 2 states away trying to use it at this very moment. However, I and my dumbass self, made the payment 4 days late. I paid them (online) yesterday, but that payment has not posted to my account yet.

Because, according to the company, I have not paid them, my ability to use the card has been frozen, and was frozen the very atomic clock server second that the account became past due. Please understand, I owe less than 800.00 on the account, and have never *not* paid them. In fact, I haven't even charged anything to the account in 5 or 6 *years*.

Also, to remind me of just how horrible my credit crime, I was charged a 39.00 late fee (I suppose the same server tick time, and to the account of course, so that the interest will keep compounding itself.)

I know this shit happens to a lot of people all of the time. It's not a major life event. But! When I called the number for customer service, I was (unknown to me at the time) auto-switched to the Collections Department. Even though I paid them yesterday. And today is 24 hours later.

So, what I'm fuming about is not that I'm getting financially punished, and not that I haven't even received the extra card I ordered last month for emergencies (which they will not address, nor attempt to rectify, until the payment I made yesterday gets to them all safe and sound). Someone could have stolen this card and they refuse to help until they officially receive the payment?

WTF?

So. Anyway.....What really gets me, what makes me so pope-fucking angry that I almost cannot see, and has set me the rocketfuckinship off, is that this company has employed the technological ability to neuter access, and has not employed the technological ability to restore the same access. It's like some made a new building; and the Powerful Ones have built themselves a smooth concrete entrance with no stairs and automatic doors, while they've left a wooden ladder kissing a hole in the wall for the rest of us to use.

I believe, and I swear I swear I swear (and I thought it was not possible) now more than ever, that corporations are truly sociopaths. There is nothing good they are doing for society at all, besides further duping us with the hallucination that somehow, money and markets are vital to life as we know it.

Oh yeah. Now that I think about it, funny how the credit card company will let themselves charge something to my account when it is so, oh what was it? Supposedly frozen.

*SCREAM* OH MY FUCKINASSGOD THIS MODERN LIFE IS KILLING US AND FOR WHAT GOOD REASON???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????*SCREAM*

War. Unloved and scarred beyond fucking belief and not taken care of Veterans. Mortgages. The World's markets crashed when the subprime shit hit over here. The World's. Not even the Bank of England was safe. No really clean water anymore. Just looking at my city's sky shows me that's not clean air I'm breathing. And that's Stateside. I can't even imagine what folks on the Dark Continent are up against, although I try, when compassion lifts her worn out shoulders.

Air and Water are fucking essential to LIFE. Is credit? FUCK NO. It is an invention of man. And has probably caused more problems than it would ever be able to solve. And this one little thing has stressed me out so much; I can only think of what it must be like for those whom credit has seduced so completely that their very LIVES have been ruined. Ah...... the Rules of Man and His God.

It is extremely difficult to find something positive to hope for in these days and times.....


LinkBackToHere

No comments: